- Set scale (on survey tool)
- Scan only required channels
- Set guest range (distance in m) (Signal propegation)
- Set autosnap range correctly to your survey pace
- Survey both sides of objects/walls. Around perimeters.
- Click accurately, be precise.
- Always do a passive survey.
In an active survey ensure you do:
(Remember that active survey only surveys a single AP at a time)
- If you went clockwise and next path go anti-clockwise.
- Go to the edge of the cell (find where the reception is weak!)
- Ensure you discover where cci occurs!
- Merge active surveys first before merging with pasive surveys.
5 notes (needs to do & consider)
- Wifi design
- At what height
- Roaming between APs
- Resiliency (backup) AP loss
- Guest network